Thursday, December 29, 2011

Starting the Journey

Although this is the popular form of this quotation, a more correct translation from the original Chinese would be "The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet." Rather than emphasizing the first step, Lau Tzu regarded action as something that arises naturally from stillness.

Another potential phrasing would be "Even the longest journey must begin where you stand." [note by Michael Moncur, September 01, 2004]

As I embark on my other creative yet very amateur passion at this point (writing), this quote seems appropriate to state. I have always been drawn to the arts and as an art therapist and artist I have always believed that a force beyond me has guided me to follow the path of creativity. The "Soulful Journey" of becoming a writer has to start somewhere and I have been led to start this Blog in order to move toward a calling.

So, the journey begins......to reflect on a more introspective side to Life 101. I expect this blog to be a combination of both personal experiences and insightful discoveriees that the reader can hopefully relate to. I also expect to gather my thoughts and "channel" if you will the Higher Self and Divine Presence that I know leads me to where I need to be......

I take my first step and I open myself to the many possibilities that I can share with myself and others on the journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment